Agencies | Online Services | Policies |

Tow TruckContact Us
About Us
Board Minutes
Rules & Regs
Operator Search
Tow Truck

State of Arkansas Towing and Recovery Board

License & Permits

Walk-in applications can be processed from 8:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M. Most days. A call to the office is suggested.

How to go about getting a Tow Safety License and Permit:

Decide which type of towing you are to do: Non-Consent, Vehicle Immobilization, or Consent Only towing.           



Consent Only Towing-- means towing, storage, or recovery of any vehicle and

which towing, storage, or recovery is done with the permission of the owner

or other person in charge of the vehicle.

 Vehicle Immobilization Service-- means a person operating or directing others to operate a wheel clamp.

 Non-Consent Towing - means towing, storage, or recovery of any unattended or abandoned vehicle as defined in this subchapter (A.C.A. 27-50-1202) or any disabled or inoperative vehicle for which the owner preference is waived by the owner or person in charge thereof. 

 Contact the ATRB office for paper work or you can download a form from our forms page.  Rules and Regulations are available on-line with application instructions and guidelines.


State of Arkansas Towing & Recovery Board

7418 North Hills Blvd.

North Little Rock, AR 72116

Phone (501) 682-3801

Fax (501) 682-3589

Have questions? email


Have trucks inspected {inspection form completed} by any certified law enforcement officer.

 Fill out information sheet. Return information sheet, an inspection

sheet for each truck, Certificate of insurance, three pictures of each vehicle  (both sides and the license plate visible on tow vehicle), and payment.

 Prices-- Tow Safety License $ 150.00 renewable annually

            Tow Vehicle Safety Permits  $72.00 each, renewable annually


Method of payment—currently we only accept check or money order, made payable to Arkansas Towing & Recovery Board.  

  [Note:  if adding a new vehicle, tow vehicle safety permit fee will be prorated at a rate of $6.00 per month to make it renew with current tow business license.] Contact office for Vehicle Immobilization Service Licensing.

 Consent and Non-Consent towing: Be sure to include a copy of your Certificate   of Liability Insurance. Non-Consent towing operators be sure to show "on-hook", "cargo", or "in-tow" insurance in the amount of at least $50,000, and Garage Keepers Legal Liability, or impound lot coverage, in the amount of at  least $ 50,000, (See Rule 9) listing the Arkansas Towing & Recovery Board as a certificate holder.

Contact Us | About Us | Board Minutes | Forms | Licensing | Calendar | Rules & Regs | Operator Search | Complaints | Site Map | Home